Thursday, November 16, 2017

A LONG LABOUR OF LOVE ALMOST DONE.....+ TOMTE/NISSE





Finally after all these months our floor is almost finished.  By tomorrow everything will be back in place and we can enjoy our distressed floor.  When I decided to do this I knew it would be a long process, sanding, painting, distressing, staining and finally varnishing 3 coats to each separate board, 140 in all.  The pictures do not do the floor justice, it looks like worn blue jeans and we just love it. Would I do another one. NO.   I did our bedroom with the floor already laid out and that was hard , this one to get the proper effect had to be done individually but it was worth it ...once is enough though.



In between getting the floor done I have been getting ready for the HOLIDAY HANDMADE MARKET on November 25 in Guelph, Ontario at the Gilded Cage Boutique.  I just finished a batch of Elder ( because they are white) Tomte/Nisses and they look fabulous.  10 days and counting, fingers crossed they all find a home.

2 comments: