Sunday, July 17, 2011

A DELICIOUS MISTAKE!

Yesterday morning I was making some crepes for breakfast. I like them with fresh fruit. I had some blueberries in the fridge but I do find them a little bitter on their own so I decided to warm some in a pan with a little orange juice and sugar. The idea was to have a sauce for the crepes. As I heated them they began to thicken. After about 10 minutes I no longer had a sauce I had the most delicious fresh blueberry jam. I decide to have scones instead of crepes and boy were they yummy! The next time you want to impress someone with your cooking skills make this quick jam and serve it fresh, they will be impressed. Just use about a cup of blueberries with a little butter in a non stick pan. As they heat add a little orange juice, just a couple of tablespoons, and a couple of tablespoons or sugar ( I use demerra or raw sugar) gently heat on a rolling boil for around 10 minutes and gently stir. Take off of the heat and let sit for 5 minutes. Enjoy!


By the way I am only 27 followers away from my 100 Follower Giveaway so if you are not already a follower sign up and don't forget to leave a comment on the 100 Follower Giveaway Post. Just click the button to the right.

2 comments:

  1. Yum! It looks delicious! :-) Sorry, friend, I cannot follow more blogs :-((((, I'm already following 300 blogs, and Blgospot don't allow me follow more than this number :-((( But I will come to visit you often :-) kiss from Europe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious! I love crepes and I love blueberry jam. I wish I could make mistakes like that.

    ReplyDelete