Tuesday, February 5, 2013

THE NEW CROCHET...NOT JUST GRANNY SQUARES!



Whenever I hear the word "Crochet" I think of the blankets my Great-grandmother made when I was little.  They were huge colourful creations made of "Fentex" which was very itchy.  Do they even make that anymore?  So, I alway thought of Crochet as something very dated.

Well, I could not be more wrong.  Crochet has come a long way.  Artist are creating fabulous pieces now like this art piece from SARAH APPLEBAUM.






And blankets!  Well they are not just granny squares anymore.  Vibrant colours and patterns just gorgeous.  I love the heart baby blanket by Sophie Digard.







There are scarves, shawls, glove, so many accessories.  The beautiful mauve scarf is by my blogging friend Claudia from Mockingbirdhill Cottage Blog.  Stop by her ETSY SHOP SCOUTHARPER to see her the fabulous creations she and her sister make.






I love the ponchos and shawls.  That first one from RENSFIBREART on Etsy is just delicious!





The dresses that are created are beyond the imagination.  This last one from RUBY PEARL on ETSY is so cute.



Crochet dresses and shawls hit the runway big time last fall.



And kids clothing!  How adorable.  I would make these for my little Sweet Pea.  I love the owl skirt form MARMALADE BABY BLOG.


These handbags are so lovely too.


So I think I will be giving Crochet another try.  I will pick up some pattern books today and let you know how it goes.

Just a few more days to sign up for my VALENTINES GIVEAWAY too.

Images from PINTEREST.

12 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, has it ever, wonderful creations....I never did learn , But just think of what you could make....Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so sweet to mention us. Isn't it unbelievable? All the wonderful, cool things that can be crocheted!

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  3. have crocheted for years off and on, I need to do more than just grannys, love the bracelets and the kids things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're making me wanna pick up my crochet needle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just one word..

    Amazing

    But really, no words can express the true beauty of these creations.
    I l0ove them all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you know where to find the pattern for the Sophie Digard hearts baby afghan? I have searched everywhere. Thank you! Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you have the link to the ki-n-ki fingerless gloves pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, do you have the pattern for the Ki-n-Ki gloves design? really love that one..
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where can we find patterns for these? I would love the fingerless gloves and the afghan with heart instead of squares
    Robin Carr

    ReplyDelete
  10. i have been trying to find the pattern for the 15th picture of the poncho,,,,it is amazing. any help would be appreciated. brendagriffis@rocketmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love the Heart Blanket and was wondering where I could get the pattern. Is it still available? Thanks so much! lynnemckillican@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete