Monday, October 24, 2011

A KNOCK AT THE DOOR!

This morning I woke to a knock at my door. I peeked out and what did I see? Lady Winter was trying to get in.


She was so lovely with her cool complexion and images of what was to come.



Curled up by the glow of the fire with a creamy hot chocolate.


Snuggling in my favourite chair (when I can get it away from the cats.)




Fighting with the cats over the wool while I knit. Reading the books I have been stocking up on. Watching my endless collection of old movies, especially the Thin Man.


But as enticing as this beautiful lady was I suddenly felt a warm breeze as the Goddess Autumn came dancing across the yard with her abundance of fiery leaves trailing after her. I said a quick goodbye to The Winter Goddess but not for long, I am sure she will be knocking at my door again soon for a long visit.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE that movie! Used to watch it over and over again on The Million Dollar Movie.

    Winter can come as long as there a good fire in the fireplace or wood stove, something hot to drink, and a good movie! (and something to knit)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that Goddess Autumn came back to visit you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a beautiful wordsmith, Sue. My grandmother was a huge Thin Man fan. Sometimes my sister and I would sit up late at night and watch an episode and I would roll her hair in bobby pins. Thank you for that treasured memory, my friend.

    ReplyDelete