I love to read. I am always looking for a good book and a series of them is even better. I just picked up the Stieg Larsson set at the thrift store and I cannot wait to get started. I have seen all 3 films, in Swedish, and loved them. I highly recommend these films. They are gritty but so well acted and written.
THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO.
THE GIRL WHO KICKED THE HORNETS NEST.
THE GIRL WHO PLAYED WITH FIRE.
I picked up some real little bargains the other day. This cute bird is hand made and was a Christmas left over. I only paid 80 cents for it.
I know that Christmas is over ( I can't believe it hasn't been a month yet) but I could not pass up this adorable wooden sign. It is surrounded by glittery garland. I got two for just $2.40 each.
I adore this butterfly picture. It is on wood and the detail if just gorgeous. A real bargain at just $4.00!
This cute little butterfly pillow will look perfect in our little darlings room when she is older. Her mommie plans on a kind of Anthropologie look and this is just Bohemian enough. A steal at $3.00.
Last I picked up these really artistic looking pen holders. Each strip of paper is sewn on individually. They will look so cool filled with pens and pencil. An amazing $1.40.
Everything came from the forever incredible HOMESENSE.
And now for the TAG part of my post. My sweet friend MINA at GREEN WITCH WITH SPRINKLES has TAGGED me. I have to tell 11 things about myself, answer some questions from her and tag 11 others to do the same so here goes.
11 THINGS ABOUT ME
1. My Great-Great-Great Grandmother was a Ladie In Waiting to Queen Victoria.
2. Mother Earth and all Creatures Great and Small are one of my passions.
3. If possible, I would like to one day open my farm up as an animal shelter.
4. I adore CHER.
5. I have seen the film "NATIONAL TREASURE" 13 times. I love a good mystery and the last scene takes my breath away everytime.
6. My favourite book ever is "TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD" . I would love to get my copy signed by Harper Lee. If I had been reading the book when we had our son I would have named him "ATTICUS".
7. I have seen the ROLLING STONES 11 times including following them across Canada when I was 16.
8. I was a hippie in the 70's and still have the same heart and soul although I no longer paint flowers on my face I still go barefoot even in the winter around the house.
9. I have written 6 children's books yet unpublished.
10. Our son is in the film industry and my dream would be to have him direct one of the scripts I have been working on.
11. I love great conversations with a diverse group of people. Although I never discuss politics or religion it never ends well.
NOW FOR MY ANSWERS TO MINA'S QUESTIONS.
1. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
2. Last book you read?
KEITH RICHARDS BIOGRAPHY, AMAZING HOW MUCH HE REMEMBERED.
3. What inspires you?
4. chocolate or vanilla?
5. If you could have one magical ability, what would it be?
TO FLY MOST DEFINATELY!
6. Do you dance?
EVERY CHANCE I GET NO MATTER WHO IS WATCHING.
7. Do you prefer one on one acquaintances or large social groups?
ONE ON ONE, YOUR OPINIONS GET LISTENED TO BETTER.
8. Favorite food?
REALLY GOOD CHEESES.
9. What is your favorite season?
10. What is your pet peeve?
11. If you could live in any era, which would it be?
THE 1940's dressing for dinner, the glamour and women were coming into themselves then.
AND NOW THE DARLING LADIES I HAVE PICKED TO TAG.
The Firecracker Kid
Dreams Are Necessary
Bumble Bee Lane
Buttermilk Creek Farm
Tins and Treasures
The Rusty Thimble
HERE ARE MY QUESTIONS.
1. What is your favourite film?
2. What is your dream vacation?
3. What is your favourite medium to work with?
4. Are you a cat person or a dog person?
5. Do you dream in colour and do you remember your dreams?
6. What famous historical figure would you like to have lunch with?
7. Who is your favourite musician alive or dead?
8. If you could go back in time for one week what period of time would it be?
9. If you could eat something and never gain weight what would it be?
10. Are you a country person or a city person?
11. What is a good time for you, home with a good movie and great company or out on the town with music &