Thursday, April 5, 2012

EASTER CARDS......ARE THEY FORGOTTEN?


When I was a little girl, my grandparents sent us each cards in the post for every special occasion. I loved getting my Easter Card.





They were very similiar to these. Always in spring pastel colours with cute bunnies or chicks and an adorable Easter message.




I remember seeing little Easter Postcards my great-grandmother had saved tucked away in her books.



They were like little pieces of art, each one painted in detail and telling an Easter story. I save all of my cards just like my grandmother and great-grandmother. They do accumulate but it is so nice to take them out and remember the lovely sentiment that they were given.




We gave our son an Easter Card every year and this year I have started the tradition with our little granddaughter. I am so happy that my daughter-in-law, like me, appreciates lovely cards. I know that she is saving them for our little darling so she will always have those memories and hopefully carry on the wonderful art of giving cards for all special occassions not just Birthdays.

All images from PINTEREST. The last 3 bunny cards are from GOOGLE IMAGES.

Stop by my blog LUCYS GARDEN for some yummy Easter brunch ideas and beautiful Easter table settings.

And there is just 1 week left until I draw the winner of my ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY GIVEAWAY so don't forget to enter.

4 comments:

  1. Good Morning, Sue,
    Yes, mom my always sent cards at Easter...and every occasion throughout the year. I think it is a wonderful tradition and hope to do the same when I have grandchildren!

    Blessings to you and yours this Easter Season. ~Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue!

    I share your fond memories of Easter cards. I treasure those from my great-grandmum, my grandmum and my Mum. The artwork, the handwritten notes, the memories. Each is a little folded time machines in an envelope
    :-)

    I especially loved the duck and chick ones with yellow fuzzy fur/feather on the card lol (giving away my age a bit eh?)

    Thanks for the lovely post and pics - Ill have to open my box-o-cards for a peek today..

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cards are so lovely. Though I am just as guilty as the next person, with the electronic age upon us it seems that most written, pen in hand, is becoming a lost art. Thank you for sharing such beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness how charmed I am by your beautiful post....HAPPY EASTER!!

    ReplyDelete