Saturday, July 14, 2012

THE ARTIST AS A CHILD!


I do not remember any time in my life when I did not create. From the time I could pick up a pencil I was drawing. I would use a piece of paper over and over. My grandfather, also a very talented artist, worked a the local Steel Company and would bring me home grease pencils from the office. They were the kind that you pulled the paper away from the tip to make the pencil bigger and they were kind of like a black crayon but denser.


Painting is my main passion but I love working in many mediums. I have recently began to create bracelets for my Etsy Shop WICKED FAERIE QUEEN. I like to keep trying new things to keep my creativity flowing.


I think it is very important to encourage artistic creativity in children. I come from a family of artists. My father, grandfather and great grandmother were very talented people. I was encouraged to do what I wanted and my grandparents always helped by getting me art supplies and my grandfather would show me different techniques, even before I started school. My father gave me a very good piece of advice. He told me to never stop drawing, even if it was just doodling. He was very good until he got married and then life took over and he stopped. He could still do cartoons but he felt he had lost his true artistic ability. I have never put down my pencil.


Encourage your children. If there is something they love to do, whether it is painting.


Sewing.


Or jewelry making, give them the encouragment to do what they love. You never know what they may be when they grow up. Life is doing what you love.


Images from PINTEREST. Little Seamstress images is from the amazing photograper HUELLA ECOLIGOCA. Faberge Print is from BAIKAL GRAPHICS on Etsy.

4 comments:

  1. I was always drawing, sewing and doing something! Children just need to play and not worry if it is good or not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a good post. I could never draw well, but I have crafted since I was a little kid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of our children inherited my husband's artistic ability. Our son lost interest in drawing as he has got older, but our daughter will definitely use her talent in whatever career she chooses. I am the odd one out! I cannot draw at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an excellent post! I agree, you should encourage the talents people show; especially if they show them as children. They may decide not to continue when they grow up, but you should encourage them anyway, because you never know what they may become or do with their talents.

    I was encouraged with my writing. I was writing before I started school (bearing in mind you start school at 4 over here) and now I have 3 books published... Just goes to show what can happen when you encourage children with their talents!

    ReplyDelete