Thursday, January 9, 2014

SPRING DREAMS!!!!!


 As I sit here today my thoughts drift to Spring.   Yes, I do realize that Christmas was just a few weeks away but a girl can dream.

Soon the Snowdrops will be popping their magestic heads out of the snow and the Crocus will not be far behind.  That is what I love about bulbs, you cannot keep them down.  Come hill or high water those little shoots come bursting through even the deepest snow.  And after they have made an appearance the glorious Daffodil will stand up and say " It is just around the corner."



The first Robin will venture out ready to make her nest, then the trees will burst forth with bud and before you know it the Lilacs with fill the air with sweet aroma.




We will hang laundry out even if it is still a little chilly, as long as it is breezy.  The babies will be born and fill the farms with new life.

But for now, I will settle for some lovely bouquets of store bought Spring flowers around the house and when I look at them it is not quite as bleak and cold outside and I can hear the birds singing and the lambs bleating and I will keep Spring in my heart for just a little while longer.

Don't forget to sign up for my 300 THANK YOU ALL GIVEAWAY for some of my HIPPIE HEART JEWELLRY.  Just leave a comment on the post it ends on January 18th.










3 comments:

  1. Thank you! thank you! thank you! Sue, such a lovely post with all things Spring. Needed to see the flowers sweet Spring baby animals, made my day, Hugs Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue,

    This is such a sweet, poetic post and the pictures just made me smile. I am so glad that I made the extra effort to plant more bulbs this past fall...snowdrops, crocus, hyacinths, daffs and tons of tulips. The tulips are so pretty cut and in vases throughout the house, so I made sure I planted tons! So around March you will find Blondie doing a Happy Dance! :)

    Thanks for the pick~me~up!!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Sue, I don't blame you for dreaming of Spring with the weather you've had to endure! Hope it warms up and that the snowdrops rear their lovely heads for you soon. Deb

    ReplyDelete