Thursday, April 19, 2012

GOODBYE MUSIC MAN.


The World is a little quieter tonight. Levon Helm put down his sticks and has left us all for a better place.


This incredibly talented, generous and kind hearted man, former drummer, singer and legend of The Band, lost his battle with cancer April 19th. at the age of 71.


He is someone I admired having met him and The Band many years ago when they were playing gigs in Canada, they gave me the love of music I have always had.

Watching him play and hearing that voice was like going home. He played until the end but today was truly his Last Waltz.

Goodbye my friend, safe journey. They are rockin' in Heaven tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I too was sad to hear of Levon's passing. Though I never met them or attended one of their concerts, I listened to them all the time and have many memories where their music was present. They were so different and yet "right on" for the time.
    Thanks for posting this.
    RIP Levon
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly a great musician ~ he will be missed. ♥ I have just discovered your lovely blog, and am now following ~ So nice to meet you!
    Best,
    Anne ♥♥

    ReplyDelete