Tuesday, January 15, 2013

I'M A FOOL FOR TULLE!



This is my favourite picture of Marilyn Monroe.

 If you have visitied my blog before you may have seen my Marilyn hallway. My upstairs hall is painted soft cream with lovely sheer curtains and pictures of Marilyn on the walls. Not the typical photos, the glamour shots, but the real ones taken by a friend of hers. This one is a set of three. I like it because it shows her playful, girlish side. It is because of the tulle tutu she has on. They went to a dance studio and she loved the tutu but it did not fit so she sat down and just held it to her. There is just something about tulle that every girl loves.




Sometimes I think I was born in the wrong era. How wonderful it must have been to dress up in these beautiful dresses. Full tulle skirts nipped at the waist, long and luscious just floating as you walked.




Or having layers of tulle peeking out from under your dress or from behind like this delightful creation.




I love tulle because it has never gone out of vogue. Brides still love to be draped in it to walk down the aisle.




It is also an acceptable outfit for the workplace and absolutely gorgeous for an evening out.




How fabulous would it be to dress up in a gothic tulle dress with a corset.






Tulle was most recognized with ballet tutus but now it is seen in many forms.




Who wouldn't want to slip the tulle tied shoes on with a little black dress.




And who cares what's in the present when it is given with a lovely tulle bow.




You may remember the tulle wreaths I made for Halloween. I love this Easter one and how gorgeous is this white one for a wedding. I could see this hung on the front of the head table.




I just adore tulle wrapped around a bouquet, so pretty.




These pompoms would look amazing at an outdoor wedding hung from the trees.




I will have to make these tulle flowers from READY FOR WEDDING SEASON I think they would make a great bouquet for bridesmaids or flower girls.




These wands are my new favourite things. I am going to make some for my Etsy Shop. There are easy instuctions to make pompoms here at ONCE WED.

 


And let us not forget to dress the wedding table. Tutu table skirts, wonderful.




What an enchanting evening it would be to have tulle hung from the ceiling or outside in the trees with twinkling faerie lights peeking through.




My little granddaughter's birthday is in February so we cannot have her birthday outside but I plan on having a Faerie Tea for her when she is a little older. How whimsical it will be on the farm with her and her little friends dressed in tutu's and floating around the yard eating faerie cakes and sipping pink lemonade. I love this tutu with the butterfly wings from BABY TUTU COUTURE ON ETSY.

 


Tulle! I just love it. It makes me feel feminine and magical and just darn happy!

Images from PINTEREST.

5 comments:

  1. I love that picture of Marilyn as well Sue and I never knew the story behind it, thank you for sharing it. I'm the first to admit that I am not a girly-girl but some of your tulle inspired fashion photographs even appeal to me, so tulle must indeed be a magical fabric! Love the idea you have for your granddaughters Faerie Tea, magical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya, beautiful Marilyn....so pretty.....Love tulle to, I am a girlie girl after all, beautiful post Sue, thanks Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! Always liked that one of Marilyn too. As a matter-of-fact, I did a watercolor of it years (and years) ago!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel pretty just after reading that post!

    Carmen and the Primcats

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooooohhhh, you have my inner tulle diva coming out! I would love to walk around, sit, lounge, in those amazing tulle goth fashions. How ultra sexy and feminine! And how exciting that you are planning a Faerie tea for your princesses' birthday. It makes me want to have one for my own birthday. ;-)

    And also, I will have that post I promised you within the week sweetie. Have a beautiful weekend, my lovely friend. Mina

    ReplyDelete