Thursday, January 10, 2013

TEA TIME!


 There is nothing like a hot cup of tea to make you feel better.





Whether you have a solitary cup in the afternoon or share it with a friend, everything seems better after a cup of tea.




Growing up with a British grandmother and great grandmother, I learned the art of high tea at an early age.

My great great grandmother was born in England at a time when everything stopped for tea.  Class did not matter everyone had tea in some form.  There were always sandwiches and cakes involved.  I still make cucumber sandwiches like my great grandmother and scones with clotted cream.  Life must have been so lovely then to be able to stop in the midday to enjoy the amber liquid and a hot scone.




I cannot think of a nicer way to start the day than with a hot cup of tea with my husband.  And to spend the afternoon with friends over tea an a nice selection of treats.  My favourite tea time though is just me on a rainy afternoon with a got cup of tea and a good book.

  

 
Coffee is fine but it is a more high voltage drink.  Little girls never offer you a cup of coffee from their teapot, even at the young age of 20 months, my little granddaughter offers us a cup of tea.





 I look forward to making tea and cucumber sandwiches for her.  We will have them in her playhouse with scones and clotted cream and tea cakes for dessert.

I found some lovely recipes for a selection of tea sandwiches at GREAT PARTY RECIPES.  This delicious Coconut Tea Cake can be found at CRUMBS AND COOKIES.  I even found a homemade Clotted Cream and Scone recipe at A LITTLE ZAFTIG.  You must check them out and have a Tea Party of you own.

 I hope you go and have a cup of tea and enjoy a lovely afternoon whether with someone or alone it is a delightful way to enjoy a day.

Images from PINTEREST.http://pinterest.com/











4 comments:

  1. Such an enjoyable post! I love tea. My husband & I always enjoy a cup together in the morning & then a time or two during the day. I also like the idea of tea time. Your granddaughter will be very lucky to have the memory of tea time with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a joyful post Sue.......everything from tea to food looked so good, love the birdie teapot, so pretty......Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to start having tea in the afternoon. Thanks for the post, it was so inspiring. Here's a link to 50 tea sandwich recipes if anyone is interested. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes-and-cooking/50-tea-sandwiches/index.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love tea and have not had a good tea party in ages. I think it is a wonderful idea and I will tell my beautiful daughter to come home and play with me. She would be delighted if I made her cucumber sandwiches and scones. Oh Sue, that does sound so charming. Your little princess is so blessed to have these beautiful roots. Warmest hugs sweetie, Mina

    ReplyDelete