Saturday, March 23, 2013

THE EASTER EGG

The Easter Egg symbolizes rebirth and renewal for Easter.  It doesn't hurt that many of them are made out of chocolate too!


 There is nothing lovelier than a decorated chocolate Easter Egg.  When I was little I got one every Easter from my grandparents.  Delicate flowers sitting prettily on a smooth chocolate egg.  You saw them everywhere then.



Where I live I do not see many of these beautiful creations.  I am sure they are in specialty Chocolate Shops but here I see the typical assembly line easter eggs in the stores.  I miss the beauty of a hand decorated easter egg. 

Instead of getting a bunch of store bought easter chocolate I am looking for a hand decorated eggs for my family this year.  Look at the lovliness of this.

I saw online that England has a lot of shops with hand decorated eggs like this gorgeous one inspired by Lulu Guinness.

I do like the delicious Cadbury eggs.  The little jewelled colours with the crunchy outside and scrumptious chocolate centre.

And I have made my own in the past.  These delicate Cheesecake Easter Eggs could have some pretty flowers on them too.  You can see how to make these at RASPBERRI CUPCAKES.


 Or these fabulous Russian inspired decorated eggs.


Or perhaps a topiary of simple decorated Easter Eggs.

If I can't find a hand decorated Easter Egg this year I may just make my own.  The search continues.  Do you have a favourite shop that makes Easter Eggs?

4 comments:

  1. Unfortunately no chocolate shops around here either Sue. I remember those delicately decorated chocolate Easter eggs from when I was a child as well, I don't think I appreciated them at the time but I certainly do now. Love those crunchy little Cadbury eggs too <3 Lovely pictures, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue,, great Easter egg post, wonderful pictures.....I love the small Cadbury eggs too, always buy bags of them and munch......So good.....Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mouth is watering over all of that chocolate, and they are truly beautiful, aren't they? When I was a little girl, I had a friend whose mother would take those plastic eggs that Leggs Panty Hose used to come in, and create some of the most incredibly elegant Easter eggs from them. She also made sugar eggs, but I have to say I have never known anyone to make one in chocolate. Good luck on your search. Mina

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I squint, I think I can remember getting "pretty" chocolate eggs as a child...??
    I have an urge suddenly to try and create one myself... but a minature out of polymer clay me thinks.... :)))))
    The Russian decorated ones are amazing! :)))

    ReplyDelete