Monday, June 17, 2013

A WALK IN THE GARDEN WITH THE PUPS!

The weather here has turned quite nice now, even though we have had rain, the past few days are just perfect, real June weather.  The gardens are looking lush and full.



A couple of new additions this year.  I found these cute Flower Girl Birdhouses and just love them.  I have this thing about rusted tin it just grabs me whenever I see a piece.  I inherited this large urn from my Grandmother, it was her favourite.  My husband says it stays in this spot because it weighs a ton!




The antique Roses along the fence are so full this season.  I have to watch for them because they do not last and I love to smell their sweet aroma.  I cannot even cut them because they fall apart overnight so I just enjoy them while they bloom.  The Delphinia are very pretty and the Bishop's Weed ( don't know why it is called that) is just gorgeous.


Looking at the house and yard from the road, with all of the trees and gardens, it looks like a hidden paradise.  I am thinking of calling our place "Valhalla Farm" in honour of my Norwegian heritage, it truly does feel heavenly.





I planted a lot of Hostas over the years and I am so glad I did.  I have been able to move them and divide them so the front gardens are abundent with a selection of Hosta and Ferns along with a nice group of other green plants.  Here are my three shadows.  Wherever I go I am followed by my babies.


 The White Rabbit is almost hidden by Hostas.  My Stone Man is quite happy under the fragrant Mock Orange bush.


Daisy is ready for her afternoon nap and Rufus and Atticus are off on an adventure.  Hope you all have a lovely day.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, love all the gardens and flowers,beautiful.......Sweet fur babies, enjoy your blog, Hugs Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the most beautiful tour. As Prudence would say "it's bee-u-teeful", Miss Faerie Queen. And we both adore your "helpers".

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely all-around beautiful! A natural wonderland filled with love!

    ReplyDelete