Monday, March 7, 2016

CHARMED, I'M SURE!!!!!!

Charm bracelets have been around forever.  They were used for many different reasons, love, family, travel and just for fashion.

Charm bracelets went out of vogue for a bit in the 80's and 90's but they are coming back with a vengance!  Vintage or brand new the charm bracelet is back.


Hearts have always been big with charm bracelets.  This is a lovely selection.


Travel charm bracelets are probably the most popular.  I don't think there use to be anywhere you went, every gift shop, restaurant and gas stations sold charms.







Even celebrities were not immume to the charm bracelet allure.  These are just 4 of Elizabeth Taylor's collection....gorgeous!


I always discover something new when I am researching for my blog.  This time it is theatre tokens.  I had no idea what these were.  Apparently they used to put a metal token for an opera or play on your seat to reserve it with the name of the production, so fabulour, I want some now.  Many patrons made them into charm bracelets or, as Edith Head the famous costume designer did, a necklace.




Some charm bracelets are uniquely made just for the wearer.  What  a nice way to use lockets on that first bracelet.  An animal love would compile a collection like these wonderful little dogs or a coin bracelet woudl be compiled from coins collected from someones travels.  The last one is a nice way to show off some lovely enamel charms.





The sweet little charms that make up a charm bracelet are just so adorable sometimes.  I love antique charms, they really do not make them like this anymore.  A charm from the Victorian  Era was so detailed, like little jewels.  Look at that adorable egg cup and I would love the cauldron.  The goldfish bowl is amazing and what a great way to show off some pictures or your children's photos like that 4 way heart.  The bird is to die for.

No matter how you display your charms, on a tradition bracelet or repurpose them onto a necklace, the Charmed Days are back!







1 comment:

  1. LOVE <3! Still have my travel charm bracelet when I was a child. I wonder where it is... may need to dig it out.
    Blessings, Patti

    ReplyDelete