Saturday, December 24, 2016

THE CHRISTMAS PARTY!!!

I am a little late posting my party, it was on December 3rd. but I have been very busy.

This year we had Tapas,  which are plates of little Spanish Appetizers....yum!





A basket of slippers await my guests.  The kitchen is decked out in holiday fare.  I have some lovely new Christmas dishes this season, had thrown by Sophie Conran designs.



The menu was diverse, something for everyone.  I had spiced cranberry chicken meatballs. pulled pork with crusty bread, chorizo sausage with cheese, heirloom tomatoes.




BBQ chicken in Phyllo pastry, mixed olives, smoked haddock cakes, baby potatoes roasted with lemon dill sauce on the side ( I used my fondu pot to keep the sauce warm it works great.) Also some lovely roasted baby heirloom carrots.






For my Lithuanian friend I had a plate of Braukwurst and imported Sauerkraut he love that. For dessert we had rustic carrot cake and pound cakes with custard sauce, sorry I forgot to take pictures but it did not last long!
Of course I put out an assortment of wines, I prefer red but I had white for others.  Every year I choose a couple of new bottles.  I am not a big drinker but I do like a nice glass of wine, I buy my wine by the interesting labels and I must say that 9 times out of 10 it is delicious.  My favourite so far is a South African wine called Inception  very full bodied and smooth.

Everyone had a great time, it is so nice to see all of our friends together.  It was our son's birthday a few days later so the day after the party all of the leftovers went to good use.

Later tonight I will post my Christmas House.  Have a lovely Christmas Eve Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment