Saturday, June 18, 2011

TOMORROW IS FATHER'S DAY


Tomorrow is Father's Day. I will have a house full of family and my favourite men ( my husband and son) will be here to celebrate not only Father's Day but our son's first Father's Day. To double the celebration my little grandbaby got her first tooth yesterday ( she is only 4 months old) I cannot believe it! My son was the same way and he walked at 10 months, heaven help us! Anyway, I want to take this opportunity to wish all of you wonderful fathers out there a Happy Father's Day. If you are fortunate enough to have a father or father figure like I did give them a big hug tomorrow. The gentleman in the picture is my beloved grandfather Helmar Theodore Pederson (Pete). He was a big, strong, loving Norwegian man whom I adored. I was raised mostly by my grandparents and they taught me to be the person I am. He was an amazing artist, cook, gardener and he could knit and sew. He was the youngest of 12 sisters and a mother who ruled with an iron fist but lots of love. I was lucky enough to have him until 13 years ago and I miss him everyday. My husband and son both loved him very much too. He built the additions on our farmhouse with my husband. Oh, I forgot he also built 3 of their homes, with no formal training. He was an incredible, special person and made me feel loved and special everyday until the end. From him I learned I could do anything if I tried, and if not at least I tried. I miss you grandpa, Happy Father's Day. And a very special Happy Father's Day to my husband, who taught our son by example to be a wonderful father so he could have a Happy Father's Day too.

No comments:

Post a Comment