Saturday, November 19, 2011

HAPPY, HAPPY SATURDAY!

It is a lovely day here. Sun is shining and I am taking today to finish decorating inside for Christmas. It usually takes about a week to completely finish. We always turn the Christmas lights on November 20th. so I had better get moving. I just wanted to share some of the pictures from outside. We visited our baby granddaughter yesterday and watched her so her mommy could decorate the tree. She is crawling and pulling herself up now so it is hard for our daughter-in-law to get any decorating finished. Their tree is beautiful. It is their first house and their first child this Christmas. A time for celebration!



Here is our Christmas sign. I painted both sides different. The candy canes face the road so I can look at my beautiful Santa from our livingroom window.






I will show some pictures of the house lit tomorrow night. The little red bells across the front porch and the larger ones beside the door were my grandmothers. I do not know how old they are but they have been around as long as I can remember. They are so beautiful at night. The small ones blink off and on. It warms my heart to have her treasured Christmas ornaments. I can't wait to show you the amazing collection of glass ornaments. That will be on Monday.






Here is the lovely tree our daughter-in-law decorated yesterday. I think is is just gorgeous.

2 comments:

  1. I've said it before, but I bet your family LOVE coming over to visit!
    You're the Queen of decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home looks so lovely with all of these festive decorations. Your daughter in law did a beautiful job on the tree. How lovely.

    ReplyDelete