Wednesday, August 8, 2012

WE ALL SCREAM FOR ICE CREAM!


I was shopping today and decided to pick up some ice cream. I stood in front of the freezer and just stared. Remember when it was so simple to pick a flavour.



It does not seem that long ago that the flavours of ice cream were pretty basic. The big decision was sprinkles or no sprinkles. If you wanted something special you had a sundae or a banana split.



It was tiring reading what was in some of these ice creams. One had mocha, chocolate swirl, chocolate chunks, caramel and sponge toffee chocolate balls. That is just too much going on in my mouth. And the names.




Chunky Peanut Butter Blaster, Cheesecake Monkey Dream, Choco Chocolate Wonder Crunch. What happened to French Vanilla, Dark Chocolate and Heavenly Hash.


I will stick with the Wasabi with my Sushi thank you very much.


And I am sorry but Ice Cream Shops have gotten out of hand too. What do you do with this climb in and eat your way out?


Ice cream now come in every colour, flavour and odd combination.


Call me a purist but I still like Vanilla and soft serve if you please.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, I`m with you to, soft vanilla ice cream, call old fashion, well guess I am. Great colors of ice cream, wow, to many flavours. Funny post, makes me happy and want some. Enjoy your day, Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree 100% with you! And it's not just ice cream. It seems all products are coming in 15-20 varieties these days. When will the madness stop??!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe it's because all the different flavours are harder to find over here, or maybe it's because I'm bearly old enough to remember when there weren't ice-cream flavour choices, but I like having the choice. Although, I have to say I do think having 4 different things in one type of ice-cream is a bit much. 2 things like mint choc-chip or toffee fudge, sure, but beyond 2 things it gets a bit much. I mean, if you want several flavours in one desert you'll buy a couple of different flavours of ice-cream, wont you?

    ReplyDelete