Sunday, February 28, 2016

NEVER THROW IT AWAY!!!!!



I am always repurposing things.  I am not a pack rat, I do purge a couple of times a year but never, ever anything that is old. 

When  my grandmother passed away, she was the antiques dealer, I took a lot of her pieces she had stored in barns and the chicken coop that were broken and would have been burned and over the years I have found a use for them in one way or another.  Like drawers.  Have you ever noticed how beautiful an antique drawer is?  Just the other day I remembered I had one that had flowers carved in the front and was worn with a light green paint.  I brought it inot the kitchen and now it holds my dinner plates.  Drawers have a multitude of purposes, I never thought of making a lamp but I may just do that.


Old chairs are another thing I have plenty of, I cannot resist a worn out chair.  Love the doggie bowls great idea for older or big dogs.  Guess what those white chairs were, go on you will never guess.

Those are repurposed from an old crib, can you imagine.  Go to CUSTOM MADE to see more about them.


Windows and doors make great shelves, mirrors and frames and so much more.  I have always loved the look of a window above a hallway entrance and this one is fabulous.  What a great way to use an old door this would fit anywhere.




Old kitchenware is always in yard sales and thrift shops.  From now on don't pass it by look at it as what it could be like loaf pans made into a cool kitchen holder or dessert tray, metal buckets as lamps or utiensils as hooks and handles.  Stop by ARCHITECTURE AND DESIGN to see more ideas.


Farm pieces make the most amazing things.  I have an old animal trough as a table in my studio and boy would I love to find a set of chicken roosts for shelves, never seen them here.  I have always wanted the metal water bins for my garden but I cannot find old ones and the new ones are really expensive, love the idea of using one for a table think of the storage.

Last let's have a look at old license plates.  This took a bit of digging I am sure but what a cool idea. 

So the next time you are thrifting, antiquing or just going through your old stuff, have a second look their may be a repurposed treasure there.





2 comments:

  1. Oh I don't Sue, keep to many oldies but goodies.Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fabulous repurposed treasures, so much character in these pieces because of the history of their components! Thanks for sharing these lovely pictures Sue! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete